Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Primitive kitty

This is my version of the little primitive kitty project featured in the new book, Miniature Punchneedle Embroidery: Simple Techniques Beautiful Projects by Linda Repasky. It's a must-read (or must-have!) if you're interested in this type of needlecraft. The book is very well written, has outstanding photos for visual learning, and is just chock-full of useful information. And check out these pretty hand-dyed cotton threads, Wildflowers by Caron. I was recently turned onto using them for pne. The kitty and border were worked using these. The background is 2 strands of cotton embroidery floss.
Now, back to rug hooking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there B!

This definitely fits in my PDC category (Pretty Darned Cute). Linda's design is great to begin with, but I really like the colors you picked and you know I like that Caron's thread. this came out great.

I wish I could get back to rug hooking myself. Maybe soon.

D.