Sunday, May 07, 2006

Hook of a Different Kind


Saturday I rode my bike over to The Knitting Room in Arlington to take a 2 hr. beginning crochet class. I probably shouldn't have had so much coffee before going! Anyway, here's my very beginner attempts at single and double crochet. It was easier than knitting, which I'm hopelessly bad at. This morning I experimented free form which resulted in the little scallop corkscrew. I ended up getting the "Stitch 'n Bitch" crochet book because the directions and drawings are very clear. I decided to try crochet because I wanted something I could easily take to work. My work space tends to spread with rug hooking and embroidery so they don't quite work at work. I'm going to practice a bit more and then decide on a simple project.

3 comments:

Jerry & Maxy said...

Lovely for firsts. Well, lovely in general, particularly since I don't know how to crochet. I look forward to seeing what projects you create.

Bonnie said...

Sounds like it was a good class, Betsey. I think that ruffled scarf I've knit a couple of times--once for Jackie, once for me--can also be made by crocheting. There's probably a free pattern someplace online.

Anonymous said...

I have tried knitting and crochet and felt a leaning more toward crochet, but neither has "took".....I hope you make some great things with the crochet hook!