Tuesday, November 07, 2006

You gotta love Target

I was so happy to find that my local Target stocks Interweave Crochet. It also had Interweave's Holiday Gifts which has some nice things in it, but only 1 crochet piece. Target also had some cool, argyle over the knee socks - I'm wearing them in the photo.
The FO in the photo: a drawstring bag. I used the bikini bag pattern in "The Happy Hooker" book but changed the strap and added balls to the drawstrings. The yarn is Louet Avalan, linen and wool. Oh, and I'm wearing a crochet bracelet with little corkscrews. It also works as a necklace. I used pearl cotton I had in my embroidery tin.

4 comments:

Jerry & Maxy said...

So cool!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed and awed by your crocheting abilities! You went from beginner to Pro almost instantaneously! Everything you post really impresses me!

Betsey said...

Thanks! I'm so enjoying crochet; took to it with greater ease than knitting. It's speed is a nice contrast to the slow pace of rug hooking and punchneedle.

Anonymous said...

hi
nice bag Do you have the pattern?