Thursday, December 29, 2005

Something New


The other day I decided to try some punch needle embroidery (also called Russian punch needle embroidery or Igolochkoy ). Last year I found a set of needles at a yard sale. This is done with 2 strands DMC linen embroidery floss. It's about 1.5 by 3 inches. The colors are brighter than in the photo but I don't really like the background color. This is a practice piece so I'll leave it be. A nicer needle would be worthwhile and then the pile could be shorter. I'll have to practice alot more. A woman I rug hook with does unbelievably beautiful pn embroidery.
I'm still working on the second Johnny Cash rug and will post an update soon. I changed the blue and green stripes stool to vines and flowers. And I decided to start it over. I purchased a different type of linen to try out and found I really dislike working with it. I keep avoiding working on this piece because of the linen so it looks like it's time to go back to my preferred linens.

No comments: