Sunday, April 11, 2010

BLUE

Blue. I'm surrounded by blue these days.

My sister, Jenny, gifted me the shawl pattern, Wings of The Valkyrie by Jennifer Benson. I'm crocheting it with Zitron Trekking Pro Natura, a wool/bamboo blend yarn. It doesn't look too impressive in its current unkempt state, but the blocked swatch gives a preview of its future loveliness. The pattern can be found here or on Ravelry.

On the blue knitted front, I've started my first lace scarf, Anita Caroline, designed by Bonnie. It's a really pretty lace pattern, that's interesting to knit, but not too complex for a beginner like me. It too will open up once finished and blocked. The pattern can be found on Etsy or Ravelry

Yes, still more blue, but this one is finished. Topflappen, is a fun, uniquely shaped potholder. It was crocheted with Paton's Grace in azure, gray, and beige stripes on front and solid azure on the back. It's on its way to the recipient's mailbox, who just happens to love blue.



4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I like all the blues and yellows! Reminds me of Vermeer.

Jenny said...

Beautiful blues indeed, Betsey. I can't wait to see your Wings shawl finished.

Anonymous said...

That mailbox was my and I love it. Yes Blue is my color. Thank you so much Betsey.
Mom

Betsey said...

Glad you like it, Mom.