Thursday, April 23, 2009

Re-

A few current projects that recycle, reuse, repurpose, revamp, restyle, rework, redo, renew, reform or maybe revive old, found, and rescued from-the-trash materials.

1. Cotton and wood wall sculpture: The wood slats are rescued from the trash at work. The caning shop removes the wooden slat seats from rocking chairs that they use to weave shaker tape and cane seats. I took apart the seats and drilled holes in the top to pass the thread through. I love their curved lines. So far I'm experimenting with crocheted motifs and balls suspended between the slats. I'm using size 10 crochet thread but that may change.

2. Collage box: I was cleaning my closet recently and found a box of leftover collaged jewerly that I made about 15 years ago. I thought they'd fit nicely in this wooden box I found. This may end up on the wall or I may add a layer of resin to it and use it as a tray.

3. Voss Flower Vase: A glass water bottle from a visit to the ICA will become a vase covered in wide color bands of single crochet.



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Everything you do is so cool. I love how you've reused that glass water bottle, and it's great to see your jewelry again!

~J*S~ said...

love this idea!!