I tried a bunch of corkscrew combinations for the trim of the crocheted tassel bag- big ones, small ones, mixed colors, one color and I just couldn't come up with a combination I liked. So, I made a completely different trim that I instantly liked. I'm thinking this trim enlarged would make a nice scarf also. I ultimately decided to go with the crocheted straps instead of leather straps.
One of the reasons I liked this bag design was the clever use of 1/4 inch dowels in the top edge, making for a nice stiff opening. But once I tried it out, this is what happened! I decided that would drive me crazy. My solution was to sew the dowels inside the lining. No more poking dowels and I'm happy to use the bag.