Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bamboo and a Wrap

The last time I was at Windsor Button I saw a pretty crochet scarf on display made with Bamboo. You got the pattern when you purchased a skein - so I couldn't pass it up. Here it is in progress. It'll be a nice scarf for all seasons. I like how the color makes it look a bit nature-inspired.


While I was at WB I also picked up some Berroco Touche (cotton/rayon). My intension was to make a summer tank but I changed my mind and I'm crocheting a wrap. I'm changing the stitch pattern every 4 inches or so as a way to try out different stitches.
It's looking like it's going to cool down enough this evening to actually do some rug hooking, so I'm off!

2 comments:

Jerry & Maxy said...

The scarf is stunning! Makes me want to learn how to crochet :) I also really like the shade of brown.

Bonnie said...

They both look great, Betsey. You can never have too many wraps or scarves!

You might be interested in looking at the new book Knitting Nature by Nora Gaughan. There's no crochet in it (I think), but her designs are all nature-based and they might be inspiring for you. You can find it in any bookstore, I think--Barnes & Noble has it.